The Sanctuary Project was formed to provide high quality care and support for people who cannot wholly look after themselves in their own homes, at times convenient to them, and in ways they find agreeable.
We aim to offer people the opportunity to enhance their quality of life, giving support and stimulation to help people to maximise their potential. Our actions and decisions are guided by our commitment to promoting people’s rights, choice, independence and inclusion.
The Sanctuary Project provides a range of services for people within the following groups:
- People with a learning disability
- People with physical disabilities
All of the above services are provided by care workers making personal visits at agreed times to meet your needs and your chosen lifestyle. The visit can vary from a drop in call to one or more hours. One or more visits can be made throughout the day, from one to seven days a week, following an assessment of need which will identify the services required. Care workers can be provided to sleep-in overnight or on a waking night basis as well as 24 hours per day. We also offer respite care and live-in care.
Social tasks may include assistance with:
- Making or assisting with telephone calls
- Reading/letter writing
- Maintain/developing social contacts
- Encouraging daily living skills
- Encouraging social skills
- Support with work/college
- Support with attending appointments
Personal care can include assistance with:
- Prompting with washing/bathing/showering
- Oral hygiene
- Hair care
- Continence management
- Administering medication
Practical tasks we cover:
- Supporting to make/change beds
- Supporting with laundry/ironing
- Supporting to help prepare meals
- Light cleaning
- Supporting to collect prescriptions
- Supporting to pay rent/bills
We are very passionate about our work and employ like-minded people. Our staff enjoy working with young people, have a good sense of humour and a very positive outlook. We go the extra mile and take care to ensure that the needs of each client are met. Our staff are Enhanced DBS checked and safer recruitment procedures are followed to ensure they are both safe and competent to work with clients.